Oftentimes, the greatest uncertainty in the land development process lies with the environmental review document. We provide the strategic advice and reliable counsel necessary to steer complex and controversial projects through the environmental review process, and we assist clients in defining a compliance strategy best suited to their project. We are expert practitioners of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and offer extensive experience as well with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). We provide review of environmental impacts reports (EIRs), environmental impact statements (EISs), and planning studies to ensure compliance with CEQA, NEPA and other relevant land use and environmental statutes.
Our services cover the full spectrum of the administrative processes of environmental review, including:
- Assisting clients with an environmental “cost/benefit” analysis to avoid environmental impacts in a manner consistent with project goals and objectives;
- identifying an initial environmental review strategy for development projects;
- assisting in defining the most likely environmental impacts and potentially difficult or controversial environmental issues;
- reviewing and providing key input and revisions to draft environmental review documents and reports, as well as responses to public and agency comments;
- representing our clients in public hearings;
- negotiating and drafting project conditions, mitigation monitoring and reporting plans, and other development entitlements.
On behalf of our clients, we also review and comment upon environmental review documents for private and public projects, where the interests of our clients are affected.