Phillips Land Law, Inc. is one of the Sacramento Region’s most experienced and highly regarded land use law firms. Our practice covers all aspects of entitlement, development and construction of a broad range of large-scale projects, including master-planned communities, commercial developments, and industrial and institutional projects. Our lawyers have experience and relationships with elected officials and staff at all levels of government. We have many years of experience in a broad range of land use activities and laws, including:
- Amendment and adoption of General Plans, Specific Plans, Community Plans and zoning ordinances
- Acquisition of administrative land use approvals, such as Conditional Use Permits, Zoning Variances, Site Development, and Design Review permits
- Subdivisions of Land, including Tentative and Final Subdivision Maps, Parcel Maps and Lot Line Adjustments
- Negotiation of Development Agreements, Public Facilities Finance Plans, Public Services Plans, and other development-related entitlements and documents
- Advising and Representing Clients in Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) proceedings
- Interpretation and application of all land use statutes, including the Williamson Act, SB 375, the Subdivision Map Act, and the Coastal Act.
Our expertise is more than legal – we provide a strategic approach to guide development projects through regulatory, political and community obstacles. We have obtained approval of numerous large, complex and controversial development projects in the Sacramento region, and we have a reputation for solving unique challenges. We are adept at navigating the political storms that can accompany development projects. We understand the importance of keeping land use approval processes moving while also focusing on the key factors affecting the legal adequacy of project approvals.